Friday, July 29, 2011

Etsy Shop Feature: A Cup of Sparkle

Finally, the promised new shop feature! My apologies for the pictures not showing up (boo blogger for technical problems). :( There are links to everything though, so go check them out!

Etsy Feature: A Cup of Sparkle

Tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Melike, and I am the hands and the brains behind ACupOfSparkle. I am originally from Turkey and am currently living in Seattle. Jewelry design and crafting has been always a hobby for me since I was very young. I am a big fan of gemstones, gold and silver.


What three words would you use to describe yourself?
Turkish, feminine and creative

How long have you been crafting?

ohh.. I can't even remember. My mom is a super creative person who does all sorts of crafts. I have been crafting with her since I was very young.

When did you start selling on Etsy, and what inspired you to give it a try?

I launched my jewelry line 'A Cup of Sparkle' in December, 2010. I have a treasury of beads and jewelry supplies that I have been collecting for a long time. I like wearing jewelry and have two

sisters, so I was mostly making for myself, my friends, and family. I love the business side of things and I thought I should give it a shot and share my jewelry with others out there. I had a lot of
encouragement from my loving husband.


Besides creating, what are you passionate about?

I have a puppy that I love spending time with. I also kayak and ride bikes with my husband. Other than that my full time job takes most of my time. I also have a blog – acupofsparkle@blogspot.com – that I use to write about what inspires my creations, and to share tutorials and other handmade arts and crafts by other Etsians.

What does your craft space look like? Are you an organized crafter or would you be embarrassed for us to take a peak at your workspace? (Please share a picture if you’re willing)

I am glad you asked this question. It is funny :) I am a very organized person normally, which is also a part of my job at work. However, when it comes to my craft space, which I call "A Cup of

Sparkle Laboratory," I have all of beads and supplies scattered on a table and couple drawers. Mess is how I get creative. Seeing colors and combinations together opens up new ideas for me. I don't believe in the necessity of organization in crafts. I think it is ok to be disorganized and creative at the same time!

Describe your Etsy shop in three words.
Colorful, quality, cheerful

Currently, what are your favorite 3 items from your shop?
I have very different designs and lines of jewelry; from crystal and pearl wire wrapped beading to beaded wire jewelry; but, my favorites are the
bird nest branch necklace, green pearl circle of love necklace and sparrow bird nest keychain. I offer most of my jewelry and accessories in custom colors, where I give the option to my customers to pick any color and number of beads they want.


What are some of your favorite Etsy shops?

Etsy is full of very creative people, which is the thing I love about Etsy. One of my favorite shops is StorkandMe , the owner is a friend of mine who is extremely talented. I also like Eidrasa and MaaPstudio

Finally, what suggestions would you make to someone who’s thinking about starting an Etsy shop?

Go for it! If you would like to pursue a business and have had the idea on the back of your mind to start a shop, I think you should give it shot! Be ready for a lot of work though, as Etsy is very
competitive and running your shop will take a lot of time. Stay positive and keep it fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment