Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

This is Teacup. She's 9 months, and my little baby. (Although she's pretty much full grown & not as fluffy as she used to be.) Isn't she just adorable?!

"Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia!" This is one of my favorite holidays because it reminds us of Jesus' sacrifice for us. I was never raised on Easter being about bunnies, candy, egg hunts, etc. My parents always taught me the true meaning of Easter, and for that I am grateful. Singing the "Hallelujah Chorus" in church this morning really gives you a rush (and maybe a sore throat if you're a soprano like me) of thankfulness for God's love & mercy.

On another note, I planted things in my garden today! The weather was a perfect spring day in Seattle so I took advantage. I planted cabbage starts I got for free along with radish, snap pea, carrots, kale, and swiss chard seeds. I was hoping to get lettuce mix and spinach seeds planted as well, but I ran out of daylight. The rhubarb, chives, lemon balm, raspberries, and strawberries are growing nicely. I can't wait for that first rhubarb crisp or pie! Hopefully the rain holds off for a few more days so I can finish planting lettuce and spinach, and also plant some seeds in starts to put in my greenhouse. I take pictures along the way for y'all to see. :)

Here she is sniffing/nibbling on my pants. Just too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment