Friday, June 24, 2011

Etsy Feature: Earth Roots Jewelry

Yay, it's another Etsy artist feature Friday! I hope you enjoy getting to know other local Etsians as I am. :)

Earth Roots Jewelry

Tell us a little about yourself.

I am recently out of high school, and enjoy spending my time crafting and creating music. I am a singer and songwriter, and I also enjoy painting and watching films.

What three words would you use to describe yourself?

Old soul, friendly, creative

How long have you been crafting?

Since I was about 8 years old.

When did you start selling on Etsy and what inspired you to give it a try?

I used to own a vintage clothing store on Etsy but felt sharing my own creations was more fulfilling. I opened my new store, Earth Roots Jewelry in May 2011. I want to share what I create with others :)

Besides creating, what are you passionate about?

Music. I am going to college in the fall and will be taking music along with herbology courses. I enjoy nature and try to incorporate it into my art and jewelry.

What does your craft space look like? Are you an organized crafter or would you be embarrassed for us to take a peak at your workspace? (Please share a picture if you’re willing)

I'd say I'm a bit of both messy and organized. I keep all my things in one room, but if I have an idea there are beads and paint all over!

Describe your Etsy shop in three words.

New, unique, earthy

Currently, what are your favorite 3 items from your shop?

The painting is my favorite because it took much time and effort. I also like the colored bead necklace and ring.

What are some of your favorite Etsy shops?

I enjoy many shops. Mainly I look for supplies, natural soaps and perfumes, and vintage dresses.

Finally, what suggestions would you make to someone who’s thinking about starting an Etsy shop?

I think they should go for it! Though my new shop only has a few items and starting new is difficult, sharing your work with the world is a beautiful thing and Etsy helps you achieve that. Try to market your store to friends and family and have them pass it on. Also, join a team!


Thanks for reading, and don't forget the next feature is in two weeks. If you'd like to be featured e-mail me at arainydaydesigns@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I just looked at your shop, very lovely! I especially like your abstract painting. The colors are really cosmic and I like the speckled star-looking dashes here and there. Great work!

    ReplyDelete