Thursday, May 12, 2011

Just Keep Sewing (and Knitting and Crocheting)...

This week I've been reading a lot of posts and forums on Etsy about improving my shop. Instead of grouping items together in one listing I've separated them into separate listings. This is a win-win for me as it gives my shop more items, and also gives more listings when a customer searches for an item. I've also changed my shop section titles. Since my shop tag line is "knitting, crochet, and sewing"; I decided to use those as section titles instead of "for home, for baby, for fun". That way my customers will know what craft they are getting (I can tell the difference between knit & crochet, but many people don't know).

I'm going to start a new tradition on my blog (here) and my Facebook page: item of the month. I'll post an item from my Etsy shop for the month and an item on Amazon that goes well with it. So for this month the item is the Duck Tag-Go Blankie pictured to the right------>
I think it makes a great baby gift along with the book "Make Way for Duckings" (one of my favorite childhood books). You can find it on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Make-Way-Ducklings-Robert-McCloskey/dp/0670050172/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1305229729&sr=1-4

2 comments:

  1. thanks for this post, i am planning to open an etsy shop and this was useful! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! It's a learning process. I've had my shop for 1 year in July.

    ReplyDelete